Two Minute Turtle
This Two Minute Turtle teaches children mindful toothbrushing. The two minute turtle shows children where to brush and for how long. The 4 timed LED lights get your child (and you too!) to brush teeth for a full 2 minutes effortlessly.
This Two Minute Turtle has 4 30 second interval LEDs. Each blinks in the part of circle that corresponds with the zone of the mouth to brush. The flashing lights keep the child's attention for the full 2 minutes, brushing independently.
The Two Minute Turtle Timer encourages children to routinely brush their teeth thoroughly and independently. No worries about privacy. One less cell phone in the sink! One less download.
Be an original. In time for the holidays, stocking stuffers!
The Video Shows How the Two Minute Turtle Timer works:
What does the Two Minute Turtle timer look like?
The timer has 4 LED lights (red, orange, green, yellow), one per zone; the first LED, randomly selected, blinks 30 seconds, one pulse per second, then stops and immediately the 2nd LED lights up, blinks, two times per second, for 30 seconds, until all 4 have lit up and stopped. The toothbrush timer includes a coin cell battery encased in epoxy. The flat, round ½ inch thick, 2.25 in diameter timer fits into a child's hand.
How to use the Two Minute Turtle timer?
- Prepare to brush teeth
- Push button
- Follow the blinking lights –i.e. upper right light on turtle timer blinks, then brush the upper right zone of the mouth. 1st light blinks for 30 seconds, followed by the 2nd, 3rd, 4th
- After 2 minutes, all 4 LEDs light up a victory lap, when the child brushes the tongue.
A focused child. A happy mom. A healthy habit formed.
Who benefits from this timer?
Children learning how to brush their teeth thoroughly
Visual learners of all ages
Parents who remind their children to brush longer
Pediatric dentists helping parents teach children to brush correctly
Children and Adults who hold poses for yoga or physical therapy
Instructions For Getting Started:
· Find a spot on a flat mirror where your child can reach and watch the Two Minute Turtle when brushing teeth. Wipe the mirror.
· Stick the VELCRO brand back and front dots to each other. Peel off one side and stick to the back of the Two Minute Turtle.
· Peel off the other side of the VELCRO brand and stick the Two Minute Turtle timer on the mirror where you want the Timer.
Why did we focus on toothbrushing?
When our daughter went to one of her first dentist appointments the dentist told us she had 9 cavities. Yikes! Toothbrushing for children is a gateway healthy habit.
At the end of a day, children and parents feel their most tired. And as children assert their independence, parents want things done and quickly but children want to brush their own teeth. Those 2 minutes is a longer period than most of us realize! We need our children to become independent and reliable tooth brushers. This Two Minute Turtle toothbrushing timer helped our children to focus so they more quickly could brush without reminders and and stay on task. With our toothbrushing timer, our children grew more independent and got used to watching the lights and brushing thoroughly on their own.